Saturday, March 24

Welcome

Welcome to my recipe blog!



Why did I start a recipe blog?


There are a few reasons I started this blog. 1) I have 4 different areas I keep recipes: in a recipe box, in a binder, on Pinterest & laying around cluttering my kitchen counter. It was finally time to get organized. I went through all my recipes & weeded out the ones I have never attempted nor will I try to attempt, threw away the ones the hubby didn't care for & finally filed all the recipes thrown into my binder under specific categories.
2) I have a lot of co-workers & friends who are always asking me to share a dip recipe or a dessert recipe or meals for the crock-pot so instead of having to write the recipe down each time I can just post it here for them to print off & share with others. 3) keeping all my "favorite" recipes in one spot & de-cluttering my kitchen makes me happy!

Where do my recipes come from?

The collection of recipes I am going to post here include my own recipes, old family favorites, recipes from friends, recipes from other blogs & recipes that I have collected over the years. I am in no way a professional cook or baker. Cooking & baking is just one of my passions & is a huge stress-reliever for me. I am forever looking for that one recipe that is a "keeper" to file away with the rest of my "tried & true" recipes. All these recipes I am going to post have actually been made in my kitchen on a regular basis & undergo careful scrutiny by my husband, co-workers & friends - none of whom have any credentials other than the fact that they like to eat :)

I am going to make every attempt to post recipes at least a few times a week.
Hopefully you will stick around & see what new & exciting things I am whipping up in my kitchen from week to week. I welcome any comments or feedback you may have & hope you enjoy :)

Happy cooking!!!

No comments: