Wednesday, March 28

Roasted Asparagus

My love for asparagus comes from when I was young. I grew up on a farm & we had asparagus that would grow wild next to a huge red poppy garden. When spring time came, I would love to go out & check for asparagus everyday to see if it was tall enough to cut so that my mom could cook it with dinner. I guess it is kind of a strange vegetable for a kid to love?! I even love me some brussel sprouts & have a few recipes to share for those also :)

We have had asparagus twice this week & just LOVE it! I have cooked asparagus many ways but I think roasting it in the oven is the best & almost as good as cooking it on the grill!


(photo credit)

Roasted Asparagus

Ingredients
  • 2 pounds fresh asparagus
  • Good olive oil
  • Kosher salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper

Directions

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Break off the tough ends of the asparagus &, if they're thick, peel them. Place the asparagus on a sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil, then toss to coat the asparagus completely. Spread the asparagus in a single layer & sprinkle liberally with salt & pepper. Roast the asparagus for 15 - 20 minutes, until tender, but still crisp.

No comments: